After A Personal Injury, Choose A Lawyer Who Will Be A Strong Advocate For You
After an accident, pursuing the compensation you need to cover your expenses, medical bills and lost wages can add more stress to an already stressful situation. You may also feel frustrated by the lack of response or cooperation provided by your insurance company.
At such times, you need a strong advocate on your side. I am personal injury attorney Chris Villemarette, and I am eager to help you recover maximum compensation after an accidental injury. At the law office of Chris Villemarette, Trial Lawyer, I protect the rights of personal injury victims and their families throughout Louisiana. I will help you:
- Ensure that you get quality medical treatment from the start
- Get doctors’ opinions and other experts’ input about your long-term prospects for healing
- Demonstrate through accident reconstruction how the crash occurred and who should be responsible to compensate you for your injuries
- Prepare a compelling claim or lawsuit on your behalf and help you reach a reasonable settlement or obtain an acceptable verdict at trial
Whether you suffered injuries in a car accident or as the result of medical malpractice, I will aggressively pursue all your options, including taking your case to trial if necessary to make a complete recovery.
What To Do After An Accident
The life and health of the injured are the most important concerns after a traffic accident or any personal injury. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a crash or fall, here are a few things you can do to help yourself from the start:
- Call 911 and get prompt medical evaluation and treatment started for anyone who has been hurt.
- Take pictures or ask someone else to do so: photos of your injuries, the car and the surroundings.
- Get the contact information for eyewitnesses and verify where your crashed car is towed.
- Give basic information to first responders and your auto insurance company representatives but do not take part in discussions about the causes of the accident or your medical condition without an attorney’s advice.
- Keep in mind that any insurance company that is involved (whether it’s another motorist’s insurance or your own) has one overriding objective: To limit the payout of benefits.
- A lawyer on your side, on the other hand, will fight for what matters to you: your short-term well-being and your long-term best interests. For best results, work with a personal injury attorney who will help you maximize the compensation you receive to help you move forward after suffering serious injuries. I am available to be the strong advocate you are looking for.
Aggressive, Experienced Personal Injury Representation
As a client-focused lawyer, I have focused my career on providing diligent trial advocacy, especially in situations where clients may be unable to defend themselves.
My personal injury practice includes:
- 18-wheeler accidents and other commercial vehicle accidents
- Car accidents, including drunk driving collisions and hit-and-run accidents
- Boating accidents
- Accidents caused by defective products
- Trampoline accidents, playground accidents and other recreational accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Maritime law/Jones Act claims
- Medical malpractice claims and pharmaceutical error cases
As an experienced personal injury attorney, I have been commended for my practical insights to meet whatever challenges may arise in my clients’ cases such as uninsured or underinsured motorist or workers’ compensation claims. I am always prepared to take your case to trial if necessary and have obtained many successful results for clients in trial.
A Louisiana Attorney On Your Side After A Wrongful Death In The Family
The most devastating accidents can result in the wrongful death of a loved one. If this has happened to your family, I can help you bring a wrongful death claim against those responsible. I understand this can be a difficult time for families, so my legal staff and I take care of the legal details and investigation pieces, keeping you informed of all developments as they happen.
No amount of money can bring your loved one back, but a successful claim can help your family maintain financial stability during this difficult time. I am here to provide dedicated representation sensitive to your needs.
Contact me, a dedicated Lafayette personal injury attorney, today by calling 337-232-3100. I provide a free consultation for every new client and handle all personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis.