No decisions are more important than the ones affecting your family. When you come to the law office of Chris Villemarette, Trial Lawyer, we begin by getting to know you, your family problems and your goals for resolution. Then we take action in your divorce, child custody or other family law matter accordingly.
Whether your case requires assertive negotiation or aggressive representation in court, our firm has the legal knowledge and trial experience to protect you and your interests.
Experienced Family Law Representation
The law office of Chris Villemarette, Trial Lawyer, provides legal services in a number of family law areas, including the following:
- Divorce: Supportive representation to guide you through your divorce and all attendant matters
- Child custody: Diligence in addressing and protecting your child’s best interests and your parental rights
- Child custody modifications
- Child support: Work to ensure that child support agreements are fair and equitable
- Child support modifications
- Child support enforcement: Including garnishment of wages or bank accounts
- Property division: Determination of marital property and individual assets, as Louisiana is a community property state
- Spousal support: Temporary or permanent orders
- Visitation: Seeking quality time for parents and children
- Domestic violence
We Help Parents Assert Their Rights
Regardless of whether you are a mother or a father, you want to ensure your child’s best interests are protected in any divorce proceeding. We understand that and strive to protect those interests as well as your parental rights in any custody disputes.
At the law office of Chris Villemarette, Trial Lawyer, we understand that often the role of the father as caretaker of a child is overlooked. If you are a father, especially one who has been the primary caretaker of your child, we work to ensure that your role is clearly demonstrated to the court and that your rights are protected as a custody determination is made.